Employees are the foundation of a successful business. Without them, a company will never be able to attain its goals, whilst a company with top performing employees is almost assured of success. For this reason it is important to motivate employees to give of their best and to consistently monitor their progress and show appreciation for their efforts.
- Recognition is still one of the most successful ways to motivate an employee and increase employee satisfaction. Even a simple thank you can make a big difference to how workers view their role importance. While it is important to recognise top performers, it is also wise to give attention to poor performers as their performance may indicate that they are not placed appropriately within the company. Employers should learn to appreciate employees’ efforts and unique contributions, and consistently inspire them to boost staff morale. Recognise them equally, get to know them personally and show genuine interest in their work.
- Clearly define your organisation’s vision. Your company’s vision is an important tool to assist your employees to identify their roles better and to check whether their personal goals are aligned with the company’s visions.
- Be sure to share the company’s successes with employees. A worker’s performance and productivity are directly related to how he or she feels towards their employer. This is why many companies utilise profit sharing, which is an effective way to show to employees that they are part of the larger organisation and will benefit from the company’s success.Doing this will significantly increase employee satisfaction.
- Don’t make drastic changes all the time. Of course, changes are inevitable to the success of the company, but according to experts companies who frequently make big changes are those who are uncertain about their future and are unsure of what they’re doing. Drastic changes often scare employees and jeopardise their confidence in the company.
- Make work more fun for employees. Think of ways to make work more fun. Encourage the team to enjoy themselves. Set up a social committee responsible for coming up with fun activities at work. It has been proven that employees who enjoy work are 50 percent more productive than those who see their jobs as boring.
- Coach them to do better. Everyone, from long-term employees to new recruits, from senior management to junior workers, need support of some kind. Pay attention to the needs of your employees and give them clear feedback on their work performance. Management should also be able to show employees how to do their jobs better. You don’t have to wait for yearly appraisals to coach employees. It is also wise to invest in a career coach to revitalise your workforce and increase employee satisfaction. Clarity Career Management offers career coaching programs with comprehensive resources for employees, at any level of responsibility within the company from executives and managers to new employees. Our coaching programs can be tailored to meet your team’s exact needs. Contact Clarity Career Management for more information!