“Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. How can you build your confidence? With each step you take you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful” – Mark Victor Hansen
Armed with the awareness of your transferable skills, knowledge, attributes, your personality and values, and the clues that your interests and passions have given you, I hope you are feeling very confident about your personal value. Becoming a confident person involves developing a high level of self-awareness.
Confidence enables you to show who you really are and what you are capable of. With confidence, you can attack your situation, keep going if hurdles or problems arise and use your inner strength to make the best possible impression on employers. However when you are experiencing problems at work it is common to experience crises of confidence.
In the context of a critical career change in your life, you need to be able to build your confidence in order to move from your comfort zone into new territory.
Confidence can mean the difference between you making that career change easily or with a struggle. With confidence you can attack your situation, keep going if hurdles or problems arise and use your inner strength to make the best possible impression on employers. Confidence enables you to show who you really are and what you are capable of.
How do you build your confidence? Here are five critical steps you need to take:
· Fake it ‘til you make it: Recognize the behaviors which indicate that your self-confidence is not strong. Change these behaviors and you will change the way people perceive you.
· Face the demons: Identify the areas of your life in which your self-confidence is lacking.
· Face the challenges with courage and wisdom: Career change is not a blind leap of fate, but rather a conscious decision with a calculated risk.
· Learn and grow: Develop an attitude of learning from everything and growing into a mature person, an individual oozing with confidence and who can take on any challenges with gusto.
· Feel empowered: Allow yourself to consider all styles of work, even those that you have not done before. Whatever your decision, you will know that you made your choice having considered all options.